- Contemporary designed 3 bedroom property minutes from the beach at Trevone, very comfortable and smart throughout
- High quality furnishings and black slate floors or stripped wood flooring throughout
- French doors leading out to private and sunny terrace and garden, perfect for entertaining or relaxation
- Spiral staircase leading to a mezzanine ‘snug’ provides extra space for children or quiet times
- A short level walk to the amazing sandy beach at Trevone, the rock pools of Newtrain beach next door, and the surf shop and cafe.
For seasonal pricing downloads visit the Pricing page.
Out of peak season we can be flexible on the changeover day and on shorter stays so please enquire.
Half terms and holiday periods
At half-terms the change over day will normally move to a Friday/Saturday/Sunday arrive/depart. It will also always be adjusted to best include the holiday periods of Easter, Christmas and New Year.
- Atmosphere – Tregarne is immaculately furnished and maintained throughout. It has been stylishly and thoughtfully furnished by the owners to provide a perfect base for your holiday. Focus is on ease of use – whether in the kitchen, bedrooms or living areas. The location is so close to the beach it means that coming back to enjoy lunch at ‘home’ is too easy! A great deal of thought and effort has gone into making this house charming and elegant but also child friendly – it has everything you need for a luxury family beach holiday.
- Sleeping – The three bedrooms are located to the right of the hall. The master bedroom overlooks the garden; it is beautifully furnished with a comfortable 5ft King size bed, large fitted cupboards and a charming window seat. The en-suite shower room has a power shower, a washbasin and loo, there are lots of useful shelves for towels. The en-suite is large and spacious.
The second bedroom has twin beds. The room has fully fitted cupboards and looks out over the front of the house.
The third bedroom has a four foot six double bed and fully fitted cupboards - looking out over the driveway. There are beautiful roman blinds in all the bedrooms.
- Bathrooms – There are three bathrooms at Tregarne, all finished with white tiles, shaver points and large electric heated towel rails. All the fittings are of a high quality. The main bathroom has slate floors, tongue and grove panelled bath with a shower attachment on the taps, a washbasin and loo.
The main bedroom’s ensuite is similarly furnished, but with large power shower in place of bath. The ensuite is very spacious, with large shelves completing a very attractive room. Additionally there is a 2nd family shower room located off the kitchen, again including a loo and basin, and a powerful shower. It is perfectly located for showering off on return from the beach, with access being available from the back door - avoiding dripping sand and water in the main house. All the showers are powerful and effective.
- Living – The front door opens into a spacious hall, with a black slate floor, from which all the other rooms lead off. Ahead, through glazed doors lies the large sitting room. With wooden flooring, two sets of french doors leading to a large patio, and an open fireplace, this is a delightful room. Furnished with large comfy sofas and tables and lamps. There is plenty of room to watch television, a DVD, listen to music on the bluetooth speaker, read, write or play games. There is a large chocolate leather armchair - luxurious. A spiral staircase leads to the mezzanine level that contains a futon sofa and has views across the headland. The gas central heating ensures that Tregarne is always cosy and welcoming.
- Kitchen and Dining – To the left of the hall is the light and airy, delightful, modern kitchen. With a double height ceiling in part of the room and lots of space, this is a lovely room in which to cook, eat and entertain. The kitchen is equipped to a very high standard with range cooker, fully integrated microwave, dishwasher and American style fridge/freezer with water/ice dispenser. The hand-built painted kitchen units provide ample room for the crockery, glassware and pans. The cupboards and drawers are sturdy and very well made. All equipment is stainless steel and of high quality. The large oak table seats 6 comfortably. A wooden highchair is available - please let us know if required.
- Facilities – Tregarne has a very useful store and utility room. In here can be found the washing machine, tumble dryer and a butlers' sink, drying rack and useful shelves for beach paraphernalia. It is ideal for keeping clutter out of the main living areas. It is located off the kitchen, through an outside door.
The garden has a large patio area with table and chairs, large parasol, barbecue and patio heater. The remainder of the garden is laid to lawn with pretty borders full of flowers and shrubs. The garden gets the sun from 11 am in the morning until evening. The side gate is child proof making the garden safe for small children.
Tregarne is located in a small complex just back from the beach. It retains a private feel, and is not overlooked by the other properties around it. The beach is about 4 minutes walk down the lane – easily close enough to nip up or down without a thought. And if you want to park up the car for as long as possible, there are shops around to cater to your daily needs. The village shop provides newspapers and fresh bread and pasties daily in season. The café is good for a casual lunch or relaxing cup of coffee. Surf and beach equipment can be bought or rented at the surf shop. And the Well Parc pub is easily accessible by foot.
Padstow Farm shop can be accessed in a few minutes by the almost unknown back road past the top of the beach – perfect for top quality meat and vegetables. Or carry on into Padstow for shopping and restaurants. Walking is perfect in both directions along the coast path – either round the headland and over delightful Hawker’s Cove to Padstow, or south to Harlyn, Trevose Head and beyond. The carved rock ‘swimming pool’ on Newtrain beach, Trevose’s 2nd rocky beach, is very special. Dogs can be exercised here all year round. The main sandy beach is just perfect for everything you might want – whether sunbathing, castle-building, surfing, swimming, rock-pooling or taking part in the family cricket match.
Stayed: 12th Sep 2019
We had a wonderful week at Tregarne. The weather was fantastic and we loved the house and also Trevone. The beach is absolutely gorgeous even though it is not dog friendly but Harlyn is only just around the corner. It is also closer to Padstow and also to The Cornish Arms. We ate at the Cafe in Trevone one night and the food was really delicious. so, all in all, a fabulous time was had by all.
Stayed: 18th Jul 2019
Thank you for making it so easy to get settled, especially the tea and cake!
Stayed: 13th Jun 2019
A super week in a very comfortable and well appointed house in a very good location.
Stayed: 28th Nov 2018
Lovely clean property as usual. Lovely cake.
Stayed: 27th Sep 2018
We found the house very comfortable. Kitchen was well equipped.
Stayed: 13th Sep 2018
Thank you for sharing your lovely home! Many Thanks, we have had a wonderful time!
Stayed: 9th Dec 2017
We very much enjoyed our recent stay at Tregarne, the property suited us perfectly and we loved the close proximity to the beach as well as the peace and quiet. Everything was catered for, thank you for the extras including the yummy cake. I cannot think of one single thing that would have made our stay better, it really was that perfect, maybe less rain please!
Stayed: 22nd Oct 2017
We really enjoyed the holiday. We thought the house was excellent, superb location, spacious and clean. Very comfortable beds.
In 20 years of holidaying in the Padstow area, definitely one of the best we have stayed in.
Stayed: 21st Sep 2017
Thanks for your email. We greatly enjoyed our holiday at Tregarne despite the relatively poor weather. The house was beautifully clean and tidy when we arrived and was serviced very well half way through.
Generally we thought it was a lovely house and would be keen to return some time in the future.
Stayed: 31st Aug 2017
We had a fantastic time at the cottage – it was very comfortable and well designed.
Thank you also for the cake and tea on arrival that was a nice touch.
Stayed: 13th Jul 2017
We had a great stay and want to repeat the terrific experience.
Fantastic location, quiet place and really easy to reach the beach and farm shop.
Fantastic house with great space which as the best for our family of four.
Really well furnished with excellent facilities.
Make an enquiry Reset
We send out no more than 12 emails a year with last minute deals and news about Raintree and the area. We would never give your email address to anyone else. You can unsubscribe any time you like. For Raintree, email is a key communication tool allowing us to avoid sending letters and brochures by post - this is why we try very hard to grow our email list of those who are interested in North Cornwall houses.