Covid – Special Guest Information
Raintree House Holidays COVID Changes
The information below relates to your upcoming stay with us and includes the main changes that we have made in light of COVID-19. It is vital that you read the information below before your stay. There is more detail on each of these points on the separate attachment (click HERE) but do email us if you have queries that are not covered and we will do our best to explain.
- For all properties, check in from 7pm and check out by 10am. Food deliveries should not be ordered to arrive before 7pm. We are sorry for this late arrival time, but our initial experience is that it is not possible for us to complete the cleaning before 7pm.
- We will be in contact with you, the lead guest, on 3 separate occasions throughout your holiday. At each of these times, we will be asking you to report on the health of all members of your party in relation to COVID symptoms – as the lead guest, you will be responsible for sending us the relevant information for all members of the party. We will contact you as follows;
- By email the day before your arrival – response not vital unless you have questions
- By email and text 4 days before departure (halfway for a 7 day booking
- By email and text the day before you leave
Please make sure that we have the lead guest’s most up-to-date contact details as soon as possible.
- We are asking all guests to provide us with names and contact details for each member of their party over the age of 16 to assist NHS Test & Trace if we a COVID case occurs. These will only be used for this purpose and will be removed 21days after your departure. There will also be a QR code in the property for all members to check in using the NHS Test & Trace app.
- If anyone does experience COVID-19 symptoms, you must inform Raintree as soon as possible. If you have any doubts, you should visit https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 to check and report your symptoms and, if recommended, book a test by calling 119 or visiting https://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test.
- We suggest that you bring a thermometer, some lateral flow tests, extra cleaning products and masks/PPE for your stay.
- We have made a number of changes to our usual cleaning procedures. A full cleaning checklist will be filled out at each changeover and left in the house so you can be sure that we have done our best to make the house safe for you.
- Please strip all bed linen except mattress / pillow protectors on departure and pack linen and tea towels into the bags provided (oven gloves can be left on the table). Due to the amount of guests not following this request, we may now charge a £20 fee if the linen is not bagged up when you leave. If you have booked an Option 2 clean, you are still able to leave all of the cleaning to us, but we still ask that you strip and bag the linen as above before departure. Please close all doors to rooms that will not be used.
- We will no longer be carrying out our usual mid-stay cleans for longer bookings. If you have a booking for 14 days or longer and would like a fresh set of linen halfway through your booking then you need to ring or email the office the day before you want it delivered and we will arrange for it to be dropped off for you. We will only leave the fresh set of linen if the dirty linen is stripped, bagged up and left by the front door by 10am on the day of the delivery.
- Please keep the property clean, wipe down surfaces often and try to keep the windows open when you are in the property. Keep dishwasher on hottest setting when using.
- We are not currently offering our usual extras, such as vegetable, breakfast and cheese boxes.
- If you have any issues with the property during your stay, please call the office or the caretaker if possible. We will try to avoid maintenance visits while you are at the house – limiting visits to essential work only.
- Please don’t leave cash at the house (e.g. for breakages or phone calls) but get in touch with us and we can arrange alternative payment.
- Please do take the time to understand the relevant restrictions according to the Government regulations. There are no longer any regional differences within England as the Government roadmap applies to the country as a whole.
- Most Cornwall businesses are back up and running but many have changes to their service. Keep an eye on our website for local updates, as well as the social media pages and websites of the businesses/restaurants that you plan on visiting.
- All of us, Raintree and guests included, need to act responsibly and consider our actions, especially at the moment. It is everyone’s duty to protect our communities and the local area. Please try to bear this in mind during your holiday and stick to all social distancing rules, wash your hands frequently, and wear masks while out and about. You should also consider visiting quieter areas, or going out at quieter times, to try and reduce the number of people in public spaces and reduce your contact with people outside of your party. If we can all take some responsibility for our actions in this way, we can hopefully continue to manage the situation and keep our families and communities safe.